CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The Congress Organising Committee invites abstracts for the 15th World Congress on Environmental Health to be held in Auckland, New Zealand, 20-23 March 2018.
This congress will provide a platform for Environmental Health practitioners and industries to share knowledge of the most recent techniques, developments, innovations and the latest updates in Environmental Health. Emerging environmental health risks will be explored with a view to mitigating adverse health or economic consequences through best practice.
Objectives of the Congress
- Sharing knowledge and best practices of environmental health risk identification, assessment, management and services delivery globally
- Raising the profile of environmental health around the world and most importantly in the developing countries
- Enhancing inter-country collaboration in environmental health practice
- Identifying gaps and the training needs of environmental health
- Promote the environmental health needs of children, women and the underprivileged people around the world
- Promote environmental health research
Congress Sub Themes
- changes and challenges in Environmental Health
- environmental health issues in the Asia Pacific region
- civil defence, emergency response and humanitarian disasters
- food safety, science and innovation
- built environment - housing, noise
- environmental pollution, protection and remediation
- methamphetamine and other drugs
- pest control
- water quality – drinking and recreational
- occupational health, and community safety and wellbeing
- epidemiology to improve public health
- environmental health statutory framework - policy, standards and legislation
This congress targets a worldwide audience from various groups of specialists, practitioners, managers, students, industry representatives, entrepreneurs and leaders directly and indirectly involved with environmental health, science, practice and research.
|31 July 2017||Deadline for submission of abstracts|
|22 August 2017||Notification of acceptance of abstracts|
Abstracts should be submitted in English, using the template provided, and be of no more than 250 words.
Abstracts shall summarise the intended content of the paper which should relate to a subject within the areas of interest of the International Federation of Environmental Health or present a position on an issue related to the Congress theme - Environmental Health – a South Pacific perspective or sub themes.
In developing the congress programme the organisers will be seeking to group presentations into a number of sub themes as listed above.
Authors of accepted abstracts will be given 15 minutes to present their papers. Authors of accepted abstracts are expected to register at their own cost and attend the Congress.
The deadline for submission of abstracts is 31 July 2017.
The Programme Committee will evaluate the content of abstracts for relevance to the Congress themes, clarity, originality, and timeliness.
Notification of acceptance will be provided to corresponding authors by 22 August 2017. Abstract acceptance will oblige the presenting author to register and pay the appropriate registration fee to present their work as an oral presentation or a poster at the Congress.